This post marks a blog milestone of sorts, because it is the 100th food-and-nutrition-themed week on ETW!
In the 99 weeks preceding this, there’s been brunches and dinners, strangers and the strangely absent, stuff for the littler eaters, things for the veg-heads, lots of ReDuxing, and the occasional running-food rambling. I briefly thought about a celebratory “100 Best of ETW” post, but that sounded like the most tedious writing job ever, so I can’t imagine you all would want to read it, either.
I turned instead to the good folks at Cooking Light and found several of their 100-recipe collections – 100 Easy Chicken Recipes, 100 Healthy Cookies, 105 Slowcooker Favorites (let’s just round down for the sake of celebration, alright?) and more. We could easily spend 100 weeks trying to get through all of these recipe collections, so I pulled out just 1 week’s worth of the recipes that caught my eye.
I put their roasted veggie & ricotta pizza from 100 Healthy Tips to the test. I’ll admit, I was expecting bland (ricotta always seems like such a taste waste to me), but this was surprisingly tasty and packed a good daily dose of vegetables.
We also made a slowcooker sweet potato gratin; while this had great savory flavor and was easy to assemble, I don’t know who these 12 people are that CL suggests are getting fed by that recipe. My yield was maybe enough to give 6 people very modest portions. But for the average family dinner, that’s probably just the right amount.
These and several more are included in this week’s recipe list – just seven out of roughly 700, so you’re not still slogging through it when I write my next-100-weeks post:
- Roasted veggie & ricotta pizza from CL 100 Healthy Tips (here)
- Korean-style chicken with minted cucumbers from CL 100 Easy Chicken Recipes (here)
- Spicy squash pickles from CL 100 Ideas for Appetizers (here)
- Sweet potato gratin from CL 105 Slowcooker Favorites (here)
- Savory beet soup from CL 101 Healthy Soup Recipes (here)
- Butternut squash, onion & spinach lasagna from CL 100 Healthy Pasta Recipes (here)
- Green pumpkinseed & cranberry crispy bars from CL 100 Healthy Cookies (here)
But hey, if you’ve got the time, by all means try out the rest. Drop me a comment sometime in 2016 when you’re done.