Another month of surprising Foodie Penpal connections! Last month, I was paired with a fellow native of my hometown, Bloomington, Indiana. This month, Caitlin of Bake ‘N Bits sent me a box of local treats from… Somerville, MA! That’s just around the corner from our old apartment, and where we still frequent a lot for drinks, haircuts, etc.
Caitlin’s note said she found it funny when I asked for local foods, given how we’re basically in the same “local.” But the things she sent – homemade salsa from Boston Burger Company, and three different roasted nuts from Q’s Nuts – were all new to me. So thanks for introducing me to some new treats from just down the road!
Want to swap foods from near or far? Head past the jump to find out how to participate in Foodie Penpals in June! (It’s open to bloggers and non-bloggers alike!)
Here’s a description from Lindsay, with links to sign up:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- The pairing is not a swap: you will mail a box to one person, but receive a box from a different person.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you have the option to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents*. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only, and US residents with other US residents only.
If you’re interested in participating for March, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by June 4th; pairings will be emailed on June 5th!
*If you’re from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send Lindsay an email and she’ll see if there’s enough interest this month!