For the March Foodie Penpal pairing, I sent a box to Bethany from All of My Words and received a box from fellow Massachusettsian (sure, why not) Natalia. She prepared a very thoughtful box of treats, each labeled with suggested recipients (Miles, Tim, me, or all of us). But was I as thoughtful, sharing the goodies as directed? Well, let’s go down the list…
- Homemade chocolate granola, for Tim – nope.
- Homemade chocolate chunk cookies, for the family – not a one.
- Funky Monkey snacks – I let Miles have one & I bogarted the other.
- Seasoned tortilla chips – finally, I played well with others & we had nachos for dinner one night using these.
- Salsa – to be determined, as it’s still in the pantry. Odds are slim – I usually empty a jar of salsa too quickly for anyone else to get some.
Thankfully, Natalia included the recipes for the granola and cookies in her hand-written note that accompanied the box, so at least I could recreate them for Miles and Tim. Although, who says I’ll necessarily share those batches, either?
Are you better than I am at sharing and interested in participating in Foodie Penpals? It’s open to bloggers and non-bloggers alike! Head past the jump for details.
Here’s a description from Lindsay, with links to sign up:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- The pairing is not a swap: you will mail a box to one person, but receive a box from a different person.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you have the option to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents*. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only, and US residents with other US residents only.
If you’re interested in participating for March, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by Apr. 4th; pairings will be emailed on Apr. 5th!
*If you’re from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send Lindsay an email and she’ll see if there’s enough interest this month!