Time once again for the end-of-month reveal of February’s Foodie Penpal box!
This month, I had a near miss with calamity when my originally partnered pen pal bailed out. But luckily, Charli from Minnesota stepped in to fill the void and sent me one of my favorite FPP boxes thus far. It was full of vegetarian-friendly snacks and treats, several of which (Funky Monkey, Peeled Snacks, Somersaults) are long-standing favorites around our house.
My box from the Land of 10,000-or-so Lakes included: Jive-a-Lime Funky Monkey (in a smaller serving pack that I haven’t seen before; great size for kid snacks); Peeled Snacks dried cherries; and fruit leathers from Trader Joe’s (my son demolished those).
Charli also sent: honey from the Rochester, MN area (has a great, light flavor); cacao nib Coco-Roons (new to me; loved them); Somersaults in Sante Fe flavor; and vanilla orange granola (I’ve learned orange-flavored granola is The Best).
Thanks for everything, Charli (especially for not sending me lutefisk)!
Interested in participating in Foodie Penpals? It’s open to bloggers and non-bloggers alike! Head past the jump for details.
Here’s a description from Lindsay, with links to sign up:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- The pairing is not a swap: you will mail a box to one person, but receive a box from a different person.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you have the option to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents*. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only, and US residents with other US residents only.
If you’re interested in participating for March, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by Mar. 4th; pairings will be emailed on Mar. 5th!
*If you’re from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send Lindsay an email and she’ll see if there’s enough interest this month!