I’m a little late in posting my reveal of January’s Foodie Penpal box, but don’t take that as any indication of my appreciation for the box I received from Leila of Spinach & Skittles. I loved the stuff she sent me, along with a hand-written note explaining she couldn’t write too much due to a cranky infant in her arms (totally understand – I’ve been there).
The chocolate bar & fig spread were great, but I think the mango ginger chews stole center stage. I plowed through that bag pretty quickly, especially after I got a cold & needed something a little spicy to help open up the ol’ sinuses.
Unfortunately, either my camera or my laptop ate the photo I took of the other items, and I’ve already eaten them so I can’t retake it! So please take my word for it that the hummus chips were a great alternative to other savory crunchy snacky things. Thanks for everything, Leila!
Interested in participating in Foodie Penpals and maybe have your act together a little better than I do? Head past the jump for details.
Here’s a description from Lindsay, with links to sign up:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- The pairing is not a swap: you will mail a box to one person, but receive a box from a different person.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you have the option to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents*. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only, and US residents with other US residents only.
If you’re interested in participating for February, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by Feb. 4th; pairings will be emailed on Feb. 5th!
*If you’re from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send Lindsay an email and she’ll see if there’s enough interest this month!