I’ve never met a nut I didn’t like, and these items were no exception.
The salt and pepper pistachios have a nice little bite to add to the nuts’ natural tanginess, and I always love Justin’s nut butters. The biggest hit, though, has been the dark chocolate peanut butter (I know, right?). I’ve been adding it to yogurt and fruits, Miles (our 6yo) has been gleefully carrying chocolate PB sandwiches to school, and I think I caught Tim going for it straight from the jar the other day.
The only item not pictured above is the packet of Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter, which ended up in my recovery smoothie after the RW half marathon before I had a chance to photograph it.
We also received several sesame-based snacks – pomegranate-blueberry sesame strips and Somersaults nugget-style crackers.
I appreciated having a few more high-protein snack options, since I’ve been single-handedly keeping Northeast regional egg producers in business lately with my race-training diet. And Miles surprised me by really liking the Somersaults, which gave us another nut-free snack option to pack for school.
So thanks to Galen from all the Lynches, who enjoyed this box immensely!
Interested in participating in Foodie Penpals? Head past the jump for details.
Here’s a description from Lindsay, with links to sign up:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- The pairing is not a swap: you will mail a box to one person, but receive a box from a different person.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you have the option to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents*. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only, and US residents with other US residents only.
If you’re interested in participating for September, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by Nov. 4th; pairings will be emailed on Nov. 5th!
*If you’re from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send Lindsay an email and she’ll see if there’s enough interest this month!