Nothing against California – where several of my recent Foodie Penpals boxes have originated – but I was pretty excited to get a box from Oklahoma in September. I was paired with Cassie in Norman, OK, who sent me a great box of stuff from a local store called Native Roots Market.
Included in this month’s box were a bag of granola, several Italian herb mixes, and a bag of chocolate chip flapjack (which I’m not entirely sure if I should eat straight or make into bars, but either way sounds good!).
Cassie also send several containers of nuts, and a variety of Kind bars – which were tasty enough that I ate two before taking this picture. The pecans have been in heavy rotation as toppings for baked sweet potatoes, which are in oversupply around here since last month’s Recipe ReDux.
Thanks again, Cassie, for the fun box from the Sooner state!
Interested in participating in Foodie Penpals? Head past the jump for details.
Here’s a description from Lindsay, with links to sign up:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- The pairing is not a swap: you will mail a box to one person, but receive a box from a different person.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you have the option to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents*. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only, and US residents with other US residents only.
If you’re interested in participating for September, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by Oct. 4th; pairings will be emailed on Oct. 5th!
*If you’re from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send Lindsay an email and she’ll see if there’s enough interest this month!