It’s the end of July, and that means Foodie Penpals reveal day:
This month I was paired with Tina from Moms Crazy Cooking, who lives in California. Before mailing me the box of goodies, she emailed me a little “survey” to help her get to know me, including questions like:
- What is your favorite color? Green
- Favorite food? I don’t have any one true favorite food, but I could happily put salsa and guacamole on just about anything. I eat greek yogurt every day, as well as green salads of some sort. I’m also a big fan of smoothies.
- Have you ever been to California? Disneyland? I’ve been to California a few times, mostly San Diego and San Fran. I’ve been to Disney World, but not Disneyland.
- Is there anything you are craving, missing or desire? My cravings are rarely healthy, so I won’t go into those. But I love healthy, plant-based snacks (dried fruit, nuts, etc) and interesting, non-cola, low-calorie drinks.
Tina sent me several cute trinkets including a cupcake-shaped card holder and “Sip Back and Relax” coasters. The edible items included:
- Homemade gluten-free banana bread
- Snapea Crisps
- Chocolate chewy granola bars
And the ones you don’t see in the group photo, because they were devoured barely 3 seconds after opening the box – red velvet cake balls.
Thanks for everything, Tina!
Interested in participating in Foodie Penpals? Head past the jump for details.
Here’s a description from Lindsay, with links to sign up:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- The pairing is not a swap: you will mail a box to one person, but receive a box from a different person.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents*. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only, and US residents with other US residents only.
If you’re interested in participating for July, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by August 4th; pairings will be emailed on August 5th!
*If you’re from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send Lindsay an email and she’ll see if there’s enough interest this month!